2015-04-02

eclipse to intelliJ

notes from 2012

new project that I'm working on has an existing java project in intelliJ.

eclipse keyboard shortcuts:
File>Settings>keymap>eclipse

The initial look of intelliJ is pretty damn ugly to me.
A big part of that, is the font they use.
I prefer the Consolas font, which you can setup thusly:
  • editor font Consolas 12
  • File>Settings>Appearance>Look and Feel - JGoodies Windows L&F

I tried out the inconsolata font as well, but it looked pretty dodgy in smaller sizes with clear type on.
I ended up finding a version that does look a lot better:
http://code.google.com/p/googlefontdirectory/source/browse/inconsolata/?r=fffda675769720a297f4d239e7065f751bbe655f

Still, Consolas looks a lot better to me on windows 7.

 useful plugins:
infinitest plugin.

No comments:

Post a Comment