2010-09-29

imagining the big G

When the inventor of concepts like "cyberspace" and the originator of cyber-punk and steam-punk talks about the most influential Artificial Intelligence the world has ever seen;

I listen.

Google’s Earth

We’ve seen nothing like it before, and we already perceive much of our world through it.
We’re citizens, but without rights. 
One thing I do take issue with though, is the idea that people should be divorced from their wild youth.
Nor do I take much comfort in the thought that Google itself would have to be trusted never to link one’s sober adulthood to one’s wild youth,
I think that future generations (or my generation) will just be more accepting of 'wild' behaviour, given that the majority of it will be discoverable by anyone.

One can hope anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment