2010-01-19

How to quit smoking in one easy step

Just stop smoking.




But seriously, for those of use addicted to nicotine or just cigarettes in general; there is a practical way.

Electronic Cigarettes or e-cigs, or as they're called in europe, electro fags.
So we'll call them e-cigs.

Since I got my order, a couple of months ago, I haven't gone back.
I had a drag of a 'real' cigarette, and my reaction can only be described as "blehhhrrgg".

Please check the legality of purchasing and selling these products, where you live.
They are not legal to sell in australia at the moment, for some fucking retarded reason that escapes me at the moment.
But it is legal to import them (in small quantities) from overseas.

Now, the benefits:

  • Arguably a safe alternative to smoking.
  • Cheaper, by far. a 30ml bottle costs around $10 and lasts 2-3 cartons!
  • Lotsa different flavours. ie doesn't taste like shit.
  • Feels like smoking a cigarette,
  • No smoke to stink up any room you're in
  • No ash.
  • You can put it in your pocket after having a single drag.
  • You get to pretend that you're from the future with you're "usb powered, nicotine delivery system, with flashing lights, and delicious flavours"



The sucky bits:

  • It doesn't help quiting nicotine, in fact I probably have a higher intake now than before, which is because of all the above benefits.
  • Some maintenance of the device is required, basically just cleaning.
  • You'll need to recharge the batteries when they go flat, (just keep one on charge and swap them over)
  • doesn't really fit behind your ear (if you're into that kind of thing)
  • ordering from overseas, instead of visiting the local shop
  • exhaling in someone's face causes them to smile (smells nice) instead of making you look tough.



The links:
These parts are from the company I've been purchasing from (no kickbacks or anything).

  • here's the starter kit, which includes all the basic bits you need
  • You'll need some empty cartridges to fill up with the new flavours
  • then some nicotine juice, with many choices of flavours. My favorites are RY4#, watermelon, french pipe, apple, vanilla, menthol, grape and lychee
  • you'll need to replace the atomizer every 2-3 months or so, depending on use
  • There are also bigger batteries and chargers of various sorts.

I'll make another post at some point with more details on cleaning, and other tips.



4 comments:

  1. Casper you are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25/1/10 00:36

    Hello, my name is Joe Citizen. I had the pleasure of seeing your 'e-cig' in action today at a soiree in a national park. I was approached by two friendly replicants wielding said device, and i can vouch for it being not only sleek and convenient, but irrefutably from the distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't smoke regular ciggies, but this post nearly had me keen to buy some of the e-cigs until I read the sucky bits. Whilst e-cigs seem to have many benefits, if I can't put one behind my ear, put a packet of them up my t-shirt sleeve, or look Jean Claude Van Damme tough (you know, the bad ass Van Damme brother in Double Impact, not the sissy ballet brother) when you exhale in someone's face, I really don't see the value in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another benefit you may want to add : fits really nicely between your boobs.

    ReplyDelete